Randomizing: one task for one team at a time

Hi,

what if my tasks in the stage consists of being in the physical location doing some activity and only one team can be there at a given time. If one team randomly got a task within a stage, is that task still available in the app and can be given to other team at the same time? I am trying to avoid congestion, is it possible to set a task in the stage only for one team at the time? For example if I have a stage with 10 tasks and there are 10 different teams, can they all do a different task at the same time?

Thank you

Dear jarosurban

due to the our offline principle, we do not track the devices (players). Therefore there is no option as „only one team at a task“. If you want to exclude that several teams do the same task you should duplicate your Bound and change the routes.
Another option would be by using switches and create different routes within one Bound. This needs more efford and a crossing of teams can´t be guaranteed. Read more about switches here: Actionbound – StepbyStep | Create your own scavenger hunt for mobile devices – GPS treasure hunt app – Tablet tour – Amazing Race App
If you need some support with creating your Bound, my collegues from sales@actionbound.de will be happy to find the best assistant for you.
Kind regards
Lisa

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thank you for you answer.

As we are a public organization, all procurement must be done with certain procedures. I’m afraid we have not enough time to hire an assistant for this event, but will keep that in mind for future.

Any tips on what Switch conditions would help to minimize crossing? Or maybe there’s public bound you could share with similar story as ours? :blush:

Kind regards,

Also, as you mentioned, that crossing can’t be avoided 100%, what if one of the teams SKIP an element. Will it be available to play (will it randomly re-appear to that team) later, or is it skipped for the whole game?

Dear jarosurban,

here is short description of how Switches can be used to create different routes within the same bound:

• Survey: Choose your Team : Team A or Team B
  • Stage: Switch: Element → Survey → Answer → Exactly: Team A
    Quiz1
    Quiz2 …
  • Stage: Switch: Element → Survey → Answer → Exactly: Team B
    Quiz1
    Quiz2…

I hope this will help.
Best regards
Lisa

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thank you very much, dear Lisa.

Your app is great :slight_smile:

Dear jarosurban,

if elements are skipped, they won´t appear later again. It works as a final skipping :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Lisa

1 „Gefällt mir“
Erstelle eigene Erlebnis-Rallyes mit Actionbound