Issues with Switches

Hello! I’m making my first Bound for an Easter scavenger hunt for my kids, and I love your site so far. But I’m having trouble with switches. Here’s what’s happening:

I saw the note stating that if I want someone to find a site without a map or a directional arrow, we could use a switch to determine when that item is visible. Here’s how I set it up:

Info 1: Don’t click NEXT until you reach PLACE
Quiz 2: That’s supposed to come up next
Location 3: Reach a location
Picture 4: Last action and the end of the Bound

This is intended as a linear (or sequential) bound. I set up the quiz to be switched on the Location in step 3 of the Bound - with the understanding that that step comes AFTER the one involved! When I play the game this actually works - but element #3 completes before element #2, and the directional arrow still shows up. Am I doing this wrong?

Here’s what I Think is happening:

• I think that switches are really designed for flexible Bounds and not for linear ones. That is - using Bound element #3 as a switch on element #2 in a linear Bound is not what you intended. I think it’s designed for a Bound that runs in any order, but you can’t have lunch until you find the bread, the ham, and the cheese.
  • It was initially unclear to me if these conditions are the elements themselves, or the element simply being USED as a condition for another element. This is related to my last comment - Ideally I’d like to have elements that are not part of the bound, but could be used as conditions for other elements. I think this is not what currently exists.

Also - what’s the difference between „Found“ and „Reached“ for a conditional location switch?

I also seem to be having trouble with a switched item as my last item in the bound.

Any help you can share would be greatly appreciated (especially since this is a free license! Is this feature enabled for free users?)

Thanks,
Kevin

I also have one more question. What features are disabled for free accounts? It looks like I can’t download images that are submitted, and I can’t copy and paste other Bounds. Are there other disabled features?

And one more question - is there any way to manage bounders during the Bound? That is, if my daughter gets stuck (she’s 1000 miles away), is there a way for me to enter „Admin mode“ and move her to the next element?

RIght now I’m planning to make most elements optional, with a few password-based gates to make sure she doesn’t just skip to the end (even accidentally)

Hi kevinwm0,

The elements of the Bound are played in linear order by default. So you are right, you cannot use element 3 as a condition for element 2. If you want your players to first find a spot and then answer the quiz there are two options you can solve this:

1. Add an element „Find spot“ and navigate your players to the location. After that you add an element „Quiz“. The quiz will be played after the elemtn „Find spot“

2. You can also use a switch if you don’t want to use the map or the arrow. Simple add the element „Quiz“ and set up a switch for „Players - Distance to coordinate - GPS of the location - less than XY“. The coordinate will be checked at the point in the Bound whne the element „Quiz“ should be displyed.

Also there is no admin mode to help with a stuck Bound. To make the elements optional is the best option to ensure that noone will get stuck.

Best regards
Daniel

Erstelle eigene Erlebnis-Rallyes mit Actionbound